Dermaplanning At Home & Why Salon Dermaplanning Is Better
Dermaplanning at home can be the convenient solution but it’s not the best solution.
In this article you’ll learn why Dermaplanning at home should be avoided when convenient and professional beauty salons are far more effective, safe, and more long-lasting than any DIY Dermaplanning solution. Check out Lavish Cincinnati Skincare Services to help you on your skin care journey.
Why You May Want To Avoid Dermaplanning At Home
Some of things you may have never attempted. Others you might be quite handy in but even then, it’s likely you wouldn’t do yourself. Dermaplanning is one of those things that is very important to make sure you are doing correctly. This is due not only because of the importance of safety, but also what you are leaving on the table doing dermaplanning at home. Before we go further, let’s first define what it is first and then why you should trust trained professionals to take care of it for you.
The simple description of Dermaplaning is that it is a beauty skincare procedure that is meant to exfoliate your skin via a scalpel blade typically wielded by a trained aesthetician. The aesthetician will work with you to improve the texture of the skin to physically carry out the exfoliation process using this specialized scalpel tool to remove dead skin from your face.
Based on that definition and description of dermaplanning, does that sound like something you’d want to risk taking into your own hands?
Don’t get me wrong, it’s certainly possible to perform yourself, but again I ask, should you? It might be a fun exercise for me to explain how you’d go about doing it yourself. That way, if you are going to do it yourself, atleast you’ll have the proper techniques and steps being done to maximize your chances of a safe and effective experience.
Dermaplanning At Home: Step By Step
- Step 1: Grab a very small razor. Make sure you are comfortable with it and have used it before.
- Step 2: Prepare your facial skin by using your typical cleaner. Make sure to be gentle in the process, especially drying. Pat dry to be sure but leave it slightly damp.
- Step 3: With damp skin, use your small blade of choice to remove peach fuzz and any other small bits of hair you have a habit of growing that you’d like to eliminate. Make sure whenever possible to always shave WITH the grain to ensure a pleasant, gentle procedure. Make sure not to cut your skin in any way, shape, or form.
- Step 4: Avoid patches of skin where you suffer from acne or any other skin areas that are particularly vulnerable/sensitive.
- Step 5: Assess your job and try new angles to cut the fine hairs or stubborn areas. This is another point in the process that can be dangerous so be careful not to cut the skin.
- Step 6: Aftercare requires you to make sure you treat any errors that resulted in minor cuts. Tend to this immediately so you don’t leave a scar. if you tend to bleed easily, avoid at home dermaplanning at all costs. After tending your small mistakes, all you have left is to moisturize.
Dermaplanning At Home Vs. Professional Dermaplanning
Having read through the description and the step by step process, I hope you see the value in having some who is specializes in skin, is trained, and experienced performing these types of procedures performing these services on your face – the most visible part of your body and most recognizable, no less. With Professional Dermaplanning services, you get the following:
- Peace of mind knowing you’re in good, safe hands and can thus avoid permanent damage to your face should you yourself accidentally cut your skin.
- Get results that last.
- All difficult to reach or not visible problem areas handled perfectly.
- Someone who focuses solely on different skin types and has a variety of experience knowing what is best for all skin types so ensure your natural glow is maximized.
- and many more.
Skincare is an investment in yourself and your beauty – and at Lavish Cincinnati, we know you’re worth it. Let us handle the rest. We are eager to hear from you! If you have any Dermaplanning questions, contact us today and we’ll answer any questions you have.
Latest Beauty Blog Updates
Eyelash Extensions Price: You Pay For Experience Eyelash extensions price can vary from salon to salon. Just like with anything else worth value in life, you get what you pay for. In this instance, you pay for experience. Lash extensions are a very complex and...
Does Microblading Hurt? Lavish Cincinnati EXPLAINS "Does Microblading Hurt?" The most popular question we get asked about in our permanent make up line of services is about the pain associated with Microblading. In this article, I'll answer all the 'does microblading...
Microblading Blonde Brows How To Get The Right ShadeMicroblading blondes usually is accompanied with the typical fear about getting the right shade to match their natural hair color. It usually seems like such a daunting task, that it turns many clients who would be...